WhatsApp Web For Pc: In this technological era people always opt for quick communication tools. Gone are the days of lengthy communication process. Instant messaging applications are the go to communication tools in the present day. Whatsapp web for pc at web.whatsapp.com is one such Instant messaging application that allows cross platform communication among its users. This application was developed as a replacement to ‘short messaging service’ and provide users with an unlimited communication experience. Currently, Whatsapp web download for pc is a very popular application that connects over a billion people all over the world.
With Whatsapp web for pc application you send messages to your friends, family or coworkers as well as share media files and documents. Whatsapp also allows its users to make voice and video calls worldwide for free. It also has a bunch of other smart features that makes it a leading choice among the instant messaging applications. Whatsapp web download for pc at web.whatsapp.com also runs a web extension called Whatsapp Web download that allows its users to use their Whatsapp account on their laptops and PC’s. This web client mirrors your mobile application account on the web and lets you communicate with your friends right from your computer. Whatsapp Web for pc i.e web.whatsapp.com is a very useful feature and helps make communication even more convenient for the users.
Whatsapp Web For Pc Download – User Guide:
It is very simple to use Whatsapp Web at web.whatsapp.com. You need to have Google Chrome browser on your computer and have a latest updated version of Whatsapp Messenger and you are ready to go. Follow this steps to start using Whatsapp web client on your PC:
- Open Google Chrome browser on your computer and go to the Whatsapp Web page. There you will see a huge QR code displayed on screen. This code needs to be verified in order to get access to your account on web.
- Now, to verify the code go to the settings menu from the mobile application. From the drop down list click on ‘Whatsapp Web’. A QR code scanner will pop up on your phone’s screen and you need to verify the web displayed QR code with this code scanner.
- Now direct your phone’s camera towards your computer screen in such a way that it covers the displayed QR code perfectly. Now this scanner will scan the QR code and once the scan is successfully complete, you can have access to your account and start texting your friends.
- A note to remember is that, Whatsapp Web for pc follows a temporary login protocol which means you may need scan the QR code again to login to your account.
About Whatsapp Web For Pc:
Whatsapp Web is a web extension of your mobile app account. With this web client you get to use Whatsapp on your computer. You can chat with your friends from your laptop or PC without any interruption as this web extension continuously synchronizes your chat threads with your mobile application so that you can continue texting seamlessly and start your chat right from where you left off. This version has almost all the features of Whatsapp web desktop application including messaging and media sharing etc. you can run this extension via Google Chrome browser. Currently, it is not supported by any other browser. Logging into account from Whatsapp Web is also very simple. All you need to do is verify a QR code with your mobile and instantly start using Whatsapp on your computer. Its user interface is same as Whatsapp Messenger at web.whatsapp.com so you don’t have to face any trouble using the web client. With the web version available, you can access your account simultaneously from your phone and PC.
Features of Whatsapp Web For Pc And Desktop:
The features of Whatsapp Web are same as the smartphone application. It has almost all the functionalities of Whatsapp allowing the users to enjoy a quality communication experience from their computers. Let us take a look at the features of Whatsapp Web extension.
Cross Platform Communication:
Whatsapp for pc provides a cross platform communication for its users and its availability on the web interface provides its users with a communication experience without any barriers.
Media sharing makes for effective communication. Whatsapp Web allows its users to share media just like the mobile phone application. You can share media files like photos, audio or videos directly from your laptop or PC. Not only this, it also allows the users to share documents and spreadsheets of up to a 100 MB limit.
Whatsapp Web download for pc at web.whatsapp.com is always in sync with your mobile phone account so that you get to connect with your friends without losing any of your chats. The messages received are updated automatically so as to give you a seamless texting experience.
Privacy and Security:
Your privacy is of paramount importance for the Whatsapp team (web.whatsapp.com). The data and media shared over Whatsapp is secured by end to end encryption just like mobile application. The data sent over Whatsapp Web for pc is encrypted by the web version and then decrypted by the phone and again re encrypted to ensure the end to end encryption and then sent to the other recipient so that the contents are visible only to the recipients without any third party intrusion.
Similar to your mobile application, you can make calls through the web client. It allows its users to make voice and video calls to other Whatsapp users to keep you connected with your contacts. The video calls can be completed with the help of your webcam. All call made via Whatsapp Web are also toll free for any part of the world.
This is another Whatsapp feature that is available on the web version. The function of this feature is to let you send a message to all your contacts at a time without creating any group chats and also saves you the trouble of resending the message repeatedly.
Limitations of Whatsapp Web Download For PC:
Even though Whatsapp Web for pc has almost all the functionalities of the instant messenger but it has some limitations imposed on it. Because this web version is simply an extension of your mobile account and simply mirrors your phone’s account so certain features are limited to it. These are the restrictions of Whatsapp Web:
- Whatsapp Messenger for pc web.whatsapp.com is a cross platform application that runs over Android, iOS, Blackberry and windows OS etc. but the web client is not available for iOS yet. You can have access to Whatsapp Web from Android, Blackberry and Windows operating systems.
- It runs only on Google Chrome Browser and not from any other web browsers. So in order to use the web extension you also need to have the Chrome browser installed on your device.
- You need to have a steady and continuous internet connection to use Whatsapp Web download for pc at web.whatsapp.com and your device should be connected to the internet at all times or you will lose access.
- You need to be an existing Whatsapp user to run the web extension. It mirrors your account over the web via your phone’s server. So you need to have an account on the Messenger first to get web access.
- Also to use this web client, your mobile application needs to be the latest updated version otherwise you won’t be able to use this web extension.
- You are also not allowed to create or leave any group from the web version although you can participate in one. It also doesn’t let you block contacts or change your profile picture. All these can be done only from your phone.
Whatsapp Web for desktop i.e web.whatsapp.com has a number of pros that makes it worth your time. Let us take a look at the highlighting features of Whatsapp Web download:
- Texting on Whatsapp uses your computer’s keyboard which makes texting much more convenient for you. You can use your keyboard to type out messages which saves a lot of your time.
- Sharing media becomes very easy. You can send media files to your contacts right from your computer storage and save received files on your computer.
- Whatsapp Web for pc download at web.whatsapp.com is not restricted to a single device which means you can connect your Whatsapp account on multiple computers and use it any time from any device of your choosing.
- The group chat feature is enabled within this interface. Even though you cannot create a new chat, you can always participate within the existing groups and share texts and media within the group chat field.
- The web extension allows you to mute the notifications and sounds just like you do it on your mobile application.
- This extension lets you make audio and video calls with your computer’s webcam. It also allows you to send voice messages via an app integrated voice recorder within the chat field.
- The web extension uses the same end to end encryption protocol like the mobile application to make sure that the data shared over this platform is completely safe and secured from any third party intrusion.
- Like the Whatsapp web Messenger app this version also allows you send documents to your contacts. You can send any document files and spreadsheets or slideshows directly from your computer to all your contacts.
There are a few cons of the Whatsapp Web download for pc at web.whatsapp.com for pc extension. Even though it has almost all the features of Whatsapp, some of them are not available in this version.
- Unlike the mobile application, the emoji’s in the web interface are not mapped according to the computer keyboard and thus adding emoji becomes a manual procedure. If you want to add an emoji to a text, you have to add it manually.
- This interface allows you to participate in group chats but you don’t get to leave an existing group or create any new group.
- Even though you can share media files and documents over Whatsapp Web, you cannot share contacts over this platform neither can you share your live location. The web client doesn’t allow contact or location sharing.
- Contacts can only be blocked in the mobile application and there is no option for blocking contacts in the web interface. So in order to block any contact you have to use your smartphone.
- Your account’s display picture can only be changed from your smartphone and you cannot do it from the web interface. The web version doesn’t provide any option for changing the profile picture.
Weighing the pros and cons of Whatsapp Web for pc , it turns out to be a great initiative by Whatsapp. With its launch in the web domain, it has become much more convenient and accessible to its users. With Whatsapp Web users can connect with their friends any time they want that too from the device of their choice. The users can now enjoy the features of Whatsapp right from their computer. With this initiative, Whatsapp has successfully achieved its motto of providing a barrier free communication to its users.